Sunday, January 30, 2011

sunday repose

listening to: The Weepies "Be My Thrill"


love love love this album...and they are so awesome live. one of the best little shows i've ever seen/heard. we saw them at The Shedd back in November and it was such a sweet & intimate little show. not only did the weepies totally rock, but if you ever have a chance to see a show at The Shedd, i highly recommend it. there's something about sitting in comfy church pews, listening to really good music that makes for a really good time.

dreaming of: Spring

i just totally adore the etsy shop, The Wheatfield by Katie Daisy (what a great name!). Her art is so fresh and has the sweetest sentiments....totally reminds me of spring and summer.

watching: Portlandia



i'm still not 100% sure that i like this show. i find some of it really funny, but it gets a little "out there" for me. i do wonder what someone would think of it if they had no idea what portland was like?? i'm not sure you'd "get it" unless you've been to portland. ??? i do like this "put a bird on it" skit. my sister and i got quite a crack up at Crafty Wonderland this year when we saw these cards by powerandlight and after seeing this skit, we were saying, "put a bird on it, people will sh*# themselves". funny stuff.

reading: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

i'm still only on chapter 2, but i'm getting there....this is my 3rd try at this book and i think i'm going to do it this time. The other times that I tried, I had too much going on, student teaching, so needless to say, my mind was on other things and I just couldn't focus enough to get into it. My mind is ready now.

No comments: